4.05.2008

jealous.



This is from a blog I read: The Aesthetic Poetic. I want this in my daily routine:

"French cafés are the shit. From their old-world interior aesthetics to the quality of the coffee served, the entire experience of getting your caffeine kick is far superior to the North American mega-chain standard. Here, coffee is taken seriously and regarded as a great pleasure; something that’s enjoyed, and never rushed. It’s about socializing, talking politics and savoring the finer things in life.

Every morning at my local café, the barrista Roland greets me with a firm hand shake, hands me the day’s journal and prepares my double espresso. His method is traditional and consists of forcing very hot (but not boiling) water under high pressure through coffee that has been ground to a consistency between extremely fine and powder. The resulting beverage is strong, creamy and rich in flavor. A far cry from North America’s typical “big cup of dirty water” house blends."

No comments: